Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hawaii Moments: Life Lessons on the Rock

One of the things on my bucket list for Hawaii was to go on a cool hike. This was definitely fulfilled......




















.....when we hiked to the top of this peak!! We hiked the first of three peaks, which I think takes 3 miles to get to the first peak (which is also the highest of the three). It was really intense and awesome. There were parts where we even had to rock climb (see below).




















I learned some valuable life lessons during this hike: always have three points of contact, take it slow, and be sure to rest. I think these can all be applied to real life.
















This is the VIEW we were blessed with when we got to the top. Totally worth all the hard work, and we don't look tired at all.
















Ryan is just relaxing at the top, such a breeze.

Luckily this event was injury free. Unlike the kayak trip I will speak of in a future blog post. Have I mentioned yet that Ryan has had more near death experiences in Hawaii than anyone I can think of in the past 9 months?

No comments:

Post a Comment