Thursday, May 13, 2010

Fun Bobby Randoms (I have a lot of random thoughts)

Some people at work have commented on my email signature which includes my full name (first middle last) because it looks as if I am married and am including my maiden name in my emails. However, there is a strategic reason for why I have my full name written out- because I don't want to shock people. :) Yes, I am worried about shocking people with my appearance. The reason is because if you have never met me and you see my name, you will be picturing a totally different person. You see, I'm half Japanese, which is very confusing for many people because my name is as generic as "Jane Smith." (I drew a diagram below in case you are still confused about how this works.) However, my middle name is a Japanese name. So out of consideration of others, I give them fair warning by including my full name "Jane Yoko Smith." Pretty strategic business right there people!

No comments:

Post a Comment