Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hawaii Moments: Sea Turtle Day

From Day 1 of the trip, Ryan kept raving about how often he saw sea turtles in Hawaii. I had always thought they were fragile, endangered species that could only be seen at wee hours of the morning but the way he kept talking about them, he made them sound like they were as easy to interact with as obnoxious birds! Well, every time we were near the beach there was not a sea turtle in sight. In my opinion too, it seemed like most of his stories started with "One time, I saw a sea turtle here....." I finally told him to shut up haha because I hadn't seen a single turtle my first three days there (not even at TURTLE bay)!

Finally by the third day he had declared it sea turtle day and no matter what we were going to find one. We finally found ONE while kayaking....it was marvelous, I think it was a lighter color than I expected. It was really awesome, it was just swimming along and it came up for air every 2 min or so. It looked really happy too. I really liked this sea turtle. :)

Stay tuned for the story about when we crashed said kayak....and the sunglasses I lost which are at the bottom of the ocean where we saw the sea turtle. I hope the sea turtle remembers me every time he sees those sunglasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment