Monday, December 14, 2009

All of my friends are Martha Stewart, I'm Fun Bobby

cutest couple ever! okay, I'll give you back to Joe


So last month I went to Chicago to visit one of my most favorite people- Jessica!! We had a date night on Saturday where we went to a decadent three course cooking class at The Chopping Block Cooking School http://www.thechoppingblock.net/.


We were in groups of four. Me and Jessica as a couple and another young couple celebrating their one year anniversary! Guess what- the husband was an accountant for a big four firm just like me and Jess. Oh yaaay this is going to be so much fun!! Accountants getting dirrrtay in the kitchen!


On the group menu:
Wild Mushroom and Bacon Puff Pastry Tart
Herb Roasted Chicken with Caramelized Potatoes and Root Vegetables
Chocolate Ganache Tart


On my menu: Malbec, Malbec, and Malbec :) (poor sweet Jessica can't drink more than a couple of sips of alchy, but we still get along better than most other people I know!)


Let me just say the Wild Mushroom and Bacon Puff Pastry Tart was amazing! I would definitely serve this at a party. Our group ate most of it before our dinner even came out! As you can see we were too busy gorging ourselves to realize that we should probably take pictures to document this (mainly as proof that I wasn't just drinking). For this dish I sauteed the mushrooms and bacon, and Jessica and I sprinkled way too much cheese.








Second was the main course, by then I was already full. I ate the Herb Roasted Chicken with Caramelized Potatoes and Root Vegetables out of courtesy to myself. For this dish, I cut the weird turnips.





And finally, graaaand finale! The chocolate ganache tart! This really was the reason I said yes to the whole gig to begin with. This was my Alpha and my Omega. For this dish, Jessica and I comically rolled out the dough for the crust.....and broke the one golden rule of the class.....we had a crack in our tart, but it still tasted delish.







Like any experience with Jessica, I ended up eating an inexcusable amount of food. Just when I thought I couldn't fit anything else in my body, Jessica took me to one of the most amazing brunch places before sending me off: Toast. This was probably the most amazing breakfast I'd had in my life (and this is including all of my 2am drunken "BEST pancake EVER" experiences at Kerbey Lane in Austin http://www.kerbeylanecafe.com/). We had french toast filled with marscapone cheese, chicken sausage stuff with gouda, and eggs. Mmmm, thank you Jessica for an amazing foodie experience!!

No comments:

Post a Comment