Thursday, December 31, 2009

Acts of kindness gone bad 0 : )

I recently met someone special. Before you get ahead of yourselves, I'm not talking about a romantic special. Just one of those special people that make you laugh. And this person indeed did deliver in probably one of my top priceless drunken night moments! (And this all happened before we even really got things rolling with the shots.)

It started as a night where my friend Kiki had several people over at her place, including her special someone....Adam.

There was a group of about 7 of us sitting in Kiki's living room, about ready to go out for an epic night. Somehow one of the guys there started making some kind of joke about asian people. Adam, in attempt to be very kind and sensitive to others around him....especially the half Japanese newcomer (me) he had just met...stopped his friend from making the joke to ask this question to the group:

"Is anyone in here.....part asian?"

Well just to give you background, everyone else in the room was not only completely caucasian but also has known Adam for years and years. I was the only person he had just met.

I wasn't really sure what I was supposed to do in this situation. I thought about raising my hand? Luckily I didn't have to respond because it took about 2 seconds for everyone to give him crap for even asking the question.

Priceless moment. Thank you, Adam.

Adam is a very generous person though, and he didn't just stop there though.

After determining that I was in fact part asian, somehow the discussion of my last name started. My friends told him it was White. I mean, literally, my last name is White. He thought they meant a "white" last name. So, he goes "I know, I know....so is it Smith? Thompson? Miller?" (or something to that extent) Finally my friends had to declare, "NO.....it's WHITE. Literally, her last name is the word White!"

Priceless. What a character!

It looks like we are bound to see more blog worthy moments from Adam during future drunken Fun Bobby night shenanigans.


More highlights from the night:

Mitzi was out in full "i can't feel my nose" force that night! She even outdrank me. We took several rounds of shots- where did those shots come from?? By the time the last shot came around, I couldn't even finish mine. Before I could even "man up" to finish the shot she whipped it right from in front of me and finished it herself! I was very proud of her at that moment!

Danny was our photographer that night, we have shots of every single minute of that night.....quite literally.....including the moment where she stole the shot. Mitzi- I would LOVE to see a pic of you stealing the shot if you can send it :)

Apparently the real show happened after Mitzi left the bar. Legend has it that as she opened the car door to get out of the car that night in a very drunken state....she just slid out from the car, landing on the ground WITH a thumbs up!! PRICELESS. I love the attitude! Danny thankfully captured the moment- I would also love this picture but I'm pretty sure I won't be getting this from her!

No comments:

Post a Comment