Monday, March 15, 2010

Fun Bobby, Peartinis, and Kiki Tiger

I realize I have been gone a while, readers, but do not fret- I have been collecting stories for you!

Let's go back in time to late January to my birthday. Let me just say that my birthday comes with a lot of pressure to perform at my top potential party style. When you think about it, this is where it all began- Fun Bobby wouldn't be Fun Bobby if it weren't for birthdays (particularly the 21st). Well, I had little to worry about with my friends- when the whole gang gets together it snowballs into some crazy times!

The party began at Cyclone Anayas (home to some of Dallas's strongest margaritas- we recently discovered some margs that rival that but that will be in a future post). I chose this place because I have had so many great memories there. Cyclone Anayas is where I came after bad days at work, it's where I could look incredibly hot and get elbowed away from the bar by men on a Saturday night (it's predominantly a gay scene), it's also where I could go to get my tequilla fix and look sloppy (for the same reason as before), it's where I started out the infamous night before missing my Chicago flight, and it's where Kiki and I weathered a life threatening storm once.
We had some great Mexican food, and I made it my mission to down those margaritas (which is really challenging because they are fish bowl size!). That night we came up with a new nickname for Kiki- Kiki Tiger. You will have to ask her about it, although I don't think it has been christened enough.

After dinner came present time. Let me just say I have some amazing friends!!! Here is a preview of some of the gifts I got. Unfortunately I did not take pictures of everything, which I really regret!

This tresaured gift is from Mitzi. The bottle says "Who says this is water" LOL, an essential thing for a girl like me. I thought about taking it to work, but then thought against it since I sit next to our partner and she really likes pink. Mitzi also gave me some gorgeous earrings from Anthropologie that I wear all the time (they are very sparkly!)- I actually happened to have the same earrings in two different colors because I love them so much!

Kiki put together an adorable and very thoughtful peartini kit!!! (We had discovered this amazing drink the night before at Studio Movie Grill). It was pretty awesome, the recipe she printed out was perfecto (I tried many of them that night....sad to say the bottle didn't last me very long).

Here is the recipe below:

Peartini
2 parts Grey Goose La Poire (greatest invention ever)
1/4 part Amaretto liquor
1/4 part simple syrup
1/2 part lemon juice
pear slice for garnish


Shellie gave me this gorgeous vase that goes perfectly with everything else on my desk, and my roommate gave me the cute tea candle right next to it!

Ann gave me this adorable blue, black, and white headband that I love from her Etsy shop. http://theartisann.etsy.com/


Katie baked me a GIANT cupcake.....I mean GIANT. It was super delicious too. We couldn't ice it ....just because it was so big! But, it was the perfect after dinner birthday celebration dessert! I really wish I had a picture of it and I am disappointed and shocked I didn't take one. She also gave me a Starbucks card which I religiously used over the course of two weeks. Katie, you have no idea how much happiness that little 6oz cup brought me :)

The girls and I also tried some peartinis after dinner- it was quite the night!


I have the greatest friends!! Thanks for helping share my birthday!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment