Monday, March 15, 2010

Awesome Friends: Part 2

(Mattito's birthday celebration last year, 2009)


I love to rave about my friends! I recently celebrated another friend's birthday, my friend like no other, Matt. I am thoroughly convinced that there is no one on earth remotely like him, which makes me feel honored to have him as a friend!

Usually every event Matt hosts is thought out to the very last detail (I have been to Viking Parties complete with roasted turkey legs and dragon bounce house and elaborate Halloween costume parties at his place) and his birthday is no exception. This year we met up at a Mexican restaurant in what I believe might be some part of Little Mexico in Dallas, and what Matt says is not the most "gringo friendly." Our party had over 20 people in it, and we were definintely the only native English speakers in the small restaurant....and in some cases the only English speakers at all. If that were not enough to stick out like a sore thumb, Matt also hired a mariachi band. Before you try to visualize this scenario, let me throw in the very important detail that Matt (pictured below), also got up and sang (very well I might add) the traditional songs with the mariachi band. Yep, I'm pretty sure that restaurant has not seen anything like that in all of its years of business. The whole restaurant was into his singing though! This is why you can see I always have a great time with Matt. :)


P.S. the neon green margaritas from my March 1 post were from this restaurant and they tasted as bad as they looked (and not in the good kind of way where you think you are drinking pure tequilla). I expected more from you, authentic restaurant!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for coming, Fun Bobby ;)! It's always a delight to see you. - Matt

    ReplyDelete