Monday, March 15, 2010

A Collection of Stories From Girls Who Have Tendencies to Attract Weirdos (vol 1 of 1)

Two asian girls going out in Texas spells trouble....


Let me preface this by saying that I have decided to start a series about all of the interesting people I meet. They really are life's little gifts. For some reason, I am known to attract weirdos (I mean, opposites attract, right? Totally...). In fact, I am so known for meeting the strangest people, that my coworkers ask me every Monday morning if I have a story for them from my weekend. Weirdos, creepers, crazies, whatever you want to call them....if they are at the bar, they will find me.

I have recently discovered that my friend Cilla might also have a creeper magnet. Or perhaps it is the both of us together. Whatever the cause, I know the result always ends up in hilarious stories....ones so good you just can't make them up. Here are two that I would currently like to share:

The Trophy Hunter

One night C and I were at the Old Monk. Now, this is a pretty unintimidating, laid back kind of pub. We had just wrapped up a fun night hanging out at the sushi bar at Tei Tei when we decided to see where the night would take us. Well, the night took hold and held us, or more like C, captive to the interest of one "charming" man about 50 years young. Yep, the moment he saw C, it was over for us and our fun times at Old Monk. He had his eyes set on what I think he believed to be his trophy. However, C would have none of that! Every time he asked her a question, she responded with one ridiculous and random answer after another. Some of my favorites include when the man asked her what kind of Asian background she had, she told him she did not know but that she was born in Brazil and did not know her parents. The rest just gets more creative from there..... 30 minutes later, or maybe it was a blunt hint, he finally got the picture.

Oh it's Chinese New Year? I'll drink to that!

Another time C and I went out for what turned out to be an extremely fun night in Uptown. But, what was most memorable from this night was that while in a crowded bar filled with a sea of people, some Asian guy plucked us out of the crowd and was really excited to see Asian girls. However, he made it clear it was NOT because he wanted to date Asian girls.....ooooh no, he does not date Asian girls. LOL, well thanks for clearing that up because the whole reason we were there was to look for Asian boys. He proceeded to tell C his unsolicted opinion about Asian girls.....can we say aaaawwwkwwward and pigheaded?!

Also, it happened to be Chinese New Year that night and everyone and their mom and uncle and cousin wanted to go out of their way to wish us a Happy Chinese New Year (mind you, we are Korean and Japanese). It was hilarious....on one side I was impressed that people in Texas knew when Chinese New Year was because even I did not....and on the other side it was typical that they acted like we were the only Asian people they have seen and that they assumed the main reason we would be out on a Saturday night was to celebrate Chinese New Year. LOL, entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment