Thursday, January 7, 2010

Resolutions

A new year. A new decade. Out with the old, in with the new. I love beginnings, they bring with it so much hope....hence why everyone in the world makes grand resoultions in January. Does anyone have some funny resolutions to share? Time to think about how crummy I've been and come up with ways of improving my otherwise perfect self, without the help of a little merlot.

Normally every year I roll forward the same resolutions from the prior year (due to not fulfilling them). See, I don't like to give up on old dreams. I also don't like to face reality. I feel like this is an ordinary practice any accountant would follow. Since I have been rolling forward the same resolutions since 2007, I decided to find some new additions with hope that I will be more motivated to check all of these things off my list by the end of this year (or maybe....this decade?) The logic makes total sense- add more to my plate and it will definitely all get done since apparently I didn't have enough to do to motivate me to get any of it done- Sounds like a good plan right? 2010, you obviously have brought a lot of HOPE to me!


Old rollover resolutions:


  • Be in the best shape of my life (carryforward notes: when I made this resolution, I was already in the best shape of my life....and ironically when I biked 100 miles in 2009 I was in the worst shape of my life. so now I have to reverse what I have done. go figure.)

  • Meet Prince William (carryforward notes: I keep missing the boat on this one, but it WILL happen! pun intended)



New resolutions added in 2010:

  • Live in a place of love (I feel like I lived 2009 in a place of bitterness, time to make peace with the world and all of its forces)

  • Be more patient (If I succeed, this will be a lifetime accomplishment)

That's all for now, we will revisit this quarterly (like a good accountant) and at the EOY.

xoxo, Fun Bobby

No comments:

Post a Comment