Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"I don't think you're ready for this Bobby"....and other tributes to Beyonce

I must proudly confess that I am obsessed with Beyonce!! In case you didn't know, I wish that I could reincarnate and become her! She is my biggest idol from our generation. Why? Well, because she's got an amazing voice, lots of great style with lots of bling, she's got lots of sass and attitude, her music is strong but feminine, she's classy and never in the tabloids, she's got good values (she is a Southern girl from TX as well), an innovative entrepreneur, and she's a strong independent woman.....and she does it all while looking gorgeous and always makes the time for hair and makeup (refer to my fourth blog post ever "the New America").


This new years eve I received one of the greatest compliments of my life. While one of my home girl's songs "All the Single Ladies" came on at the NYE party we were at, I hit the dance floor, decked out in my Beyonce-like bling and started moving those hips and arms. Luckily earlier that night, while waiting for our phantom cabs to come pick us up to take us to the NYE party, my girlfriends and I had watched the glee episode where Kurt dances to this very same song. It is an epic song in Beyonce's repitoire that every Beyonce worshipper should know. Like Kanye said, "Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time. Of all time." May his words reign on through eternity (but not his d-bag moves).



Thank you Kurt for preparing me for this moment.

Anyway, back at the dance floor 1 hour into the new year. I'm doing my thang, dancing to All the Single Ladies the way Beyonce intended all her home girls to, when some snippity girl taps me on the shoulder. She says to me "Did you practice this dance or something?" I know you all weren't there, but trust me, she meant it in a rude, condescending way. But you know what? Her malicious intention was completely lost on me. I REJOICED!! Someone thought that I was dancing to this song so well and enthusiastically that she had to burst my bubble and make a rude remark just because she was jealous!! Well thank you stranger biatch because you totally made my year (so far)!! She obviously was jealous of the connection that I had with Beyonce.

Me with the girls on NYE 12.31.2009

Beyonce.....you had me at Hello (check out that song, it's GOOD)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Fun Bobby, you crack me up! The number of things/people/places you are obsessed with just keeps growing. I love it! I am sure your dance moves were great!

    ReplyDelete