Monday, November 23, 2009

think you can avoid the Twilight phenomenon? I'd like to see you twi


This weekend the Twilight craze was in full force for the New Moon premiere. I myself had a moment of weakness as well. Late on Saturday night my friend Cilla and I did what any other girl would do....we drove to two Burger Kings searching for a very important thing missing from our lives: Team Edward water bottles. As we approached the drive through window, it felt like Christmas! In a few short minutes we would forever own our own piece of Edward. Imagine our disappointment when the BK guy told us he didn't have any. Not wanting to give up, we were determined to find a BK that had the water bottles. We NEVER go to BK, in fact I had no idea I lived two miles from two of them, so it was now or never. We get to the second BK and I prepare my speech:
Me: "Um...I was wondering if you guys had the Twilight water bottles?"
BK guy: "Bottled water?"
Me: "No, um, the Twilight water bottles."
BK guy: "Water bottles? You want water?"
Me: "No.....TWILIGHT water bottles"
BK guy: "Come to the window"
The rest of the conversation went downhill from there. It involved me repeating the word TWILIGHT for the 4th time and him going "Whaaaa? I don't know what you are talking about." We drove off in shame/laughter. I mean how can you exist in this world, and especially work at Burger King and NOT know what Twilight is when its plastered all over your business's windows! The employees of Burger King need to take more ownership in their jobs!
This story ends with a happy ending, Cilla ended up ordering us Twilight water bottles online :)

No comments:

Post a Comment