Sunday, November 15, 2009

Recipe for Disaster

Here is an update on my life lately. My other friends do a great job of posting recipes on their blogs, so I can't even try to compete because they are way more talented than I ever will be. What I can give you though is a recipe for a crazy night, which will lead to stories the next day.

Ingredients:
- 1 weekday night
- 1 early morning flight
- 1 cell phone with dying battery
- 2 friends willing to be partners in crime
- 1 never ending happy hour
- 2 or more male figures who will be a bad influence on your decisions
- bad decisions, use sparingly or for more of a kick use generously
- free alcohol drinks, for taste

Directions:
Mix all together, stir, shake, taste, and use your judgement. Also, make sure that the first three ingredients occur in order listed.


The story:

So I went to Chicago last weekend. It was a faaaaabulous time (once I got over my hangover from the "cooking" I had done the night before). I will have to blog about Chicago tomorrow. The first part to this saga starts with the fact that I overused the last two ingredients in this recipe, I would recommend a more conservative approach the next time. Because of this, I missed my original flight to Chicago and experienced a miserable morning of traveling.

The night before Chicago happened to be my only night to hang out with my good friends who were in town. We decided to go to happy hour and dinner since we do not get to see each other much since none of us live in the same city. I will say one friend in particular and I have had our moments where happy hour turns into a series of bad, yet fun, decisions.....so we are sort of notorious for that. This night was no different. It started with the decision to get the jumbo margarita at Cyclone Anayas instead of the small, then proceeded with the decision to get another jumbo after the first one. You would have thought we would have been done after that, but no. There was another great idea to go back to their hotel at the W and try out the Ghost Bar. Well apparently the Ghost Bar wasn't open yet so to kill time we ordered a bottle of wine at the hotel. Then, in walked the guys who influenced us to make even more bad decisions that kept the night going until 2am. Then I went to sleep and my phone died. The next morning you can only imagine what happened.....but just picture me walking through the airport with crazy hair, no makeup, sunglasses on, a scarf and hat. People kept staring at me. I'm not sure if it was because I looked ridiculous or if it was because they thought I was someone famous. I'm going to go with the latter option. Paparazzi, go to town!

No comments:

Post a Comment