Monday, September 7, 2009

what if anything were possible


home isn't always where you rest your head at night, it also involves matters of the heart like a memory, a significant place, an idea, or a person; of all places and things out there,
this feels most like home to me


I got to thinking....what if anything were possible? There is so much offered in this world and I currently spend most of my life staring at blank walls (just to clarify, I'm not in a psych ward or in prison, just in my cubicle at work, but metaphorically speaking you could argue they are all the same). I live in the same world where certain people once called this their backyard. If I could make anything happen in the world....this would be my backyard, minus all of the baggage and beheading that came with the previous owners. So, I think starting tomorrow I need to take charge of my life and make this happen. Don't take it literally though, I'm not going to invade France and take over Versailles, but as a young woman in my 20s going through a quarter life crisis, I have definitely had the feeling that a grander life, in whatever form, needs to begin. Although I'm currently going through very normal, respectable motions of life, it doesn't always feel like this is all that life is going to offer me. Watch out for Fun Bobby, because even I don't know what kind of trouble or awesomeness she's going to get herself into! Theme for the rest of this year and beyond- VIVE!!


On a side note, check out what Washington used to call his backyard below. I'm sensing that success and great scenery are critical to one another. So dear boss, if you want me to bring in the big bucks you should dish out some serious cash so I can make a down payment on some sweet real estate. Potomac River, Seine River, Thames River? It could be mine, and it's better than my cubicle walls. I could do some genious thinking here....



No comments:

Post a Comment