Tuesday, September 8, 2009

the things I do just to see a hot guy

Call it pathetic or call it appreciation of nature..... I definitely find myself doing some of the craziest things just for the opportunity to get a glimpse of a good looking man. Maybe it is because I am deprived. I mean I am in the accounting profession and if you picture your typical accountant....not as exciting as other professions like firefighting or heck, even engineering. Or, maybe it is because I live in a world that has dellusioned me into thinking that normal men look like Brad Pitt, James Marsden, Jude Law, Patrick Dempsey, etc. It's really cruel when you take your eyes off the tv screen, get off the couch, and see what is really out there.


The latest crazy thing I have done is scare myself shitless. For real. I have a current obsession with Jennifer Love Hewitt's husband on the show Ghost Whisperer and it has caused me to endure countless hours of creepy apparition sightings just for the momentary shots of this actor David Conrad. He even plays a nice guy on the show, so it's impossible for me to not subject myself to what might quite possibly be shaving off years of my life as the creepy scary music tunes in signalling my blood pressure to spike. What a deadly combination. I am the biggest wimp in the world- THAT is how much I really enjoy seeing this hot guy. I've included some pictures. Some of you may or may not have the same taste, but if you saw him on the show you wouldn't be disappointed. Who else wouldn't want a good looking man who is madly in love with you despite the fact that you probably belong in a psych ward?






Other notably crazy things I have done just to cross paths with a hot guy:
  • spend hours driving around, on, or by certain guys' streets (ahem....um that would only be from high school, totally not right now...I mean I'm not a stalker....right Katie?)
  • go to countless get togethers, parties, bars, social events just for the hope that maybe a good looking man will take one look at me and part with his player ways
  • take many leisurely walks around my neighborhood in hopes of sharing the sidewalk with a hottie (nevermind that I live in the gay neighborhood, weirder things have happened)
  • stand outside of Buckingham Palace (what? don't judge. it could happen)
  • thrown an entire party (yep totally How I Met Your Mother style)
  • joined a professional club

I know we have all been here. A girl's got to do what a girl's got to do. We get a little creative at times, but the chase sure is entertaining. And although it might seem a bit crazy at times, it's all worth it in the end when you end up with your very own Mr. Ghost Whisperer. Until then, I'm scared and yet interested to see what other situations I will get myself into.

2 comments:

  1. you know how i feel about James Marsden...siiiigggghhhh...
    i am loving the honesty of your blog ;) i've linked it to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...yes I totally know what you mean! Remember how I made us both sit through the 6th sense (definitely on my top 10 creepiest list) just to see my beloved Bruce Willis?

    ReplyDelete