Sunday, September 13, 2009

call me old fashioned, but to me tweet sounds like a dirty word

What's up with Twitter and all of these people who don't even have college degrees creating new English words like tweets, tweeting, and frenemy? I refuse to get on the Twitter bandwagon; mainly because I can't understand why it would be a necessity in my life and I have little room for any more distractions. (Same reason why I won't try out any new tv shows). Maybe it's just a sign of my age, that I am slowly losing touch with the latest technology trends. I do find the Twitter craze quite fascinating. The media has fully embraced it using it to reach out to viewers in real time on broadcasts such as the VMAs and celebrity interviews. Even print media has been using Twitter to quote celebrities and speculate about celebrity moods. But, is the media going too far with their use of Twitter? It seems to me that they are setting themselves up for their own obsoleteness.

2 comments:

  1. :( i completely agree. i hate twitter. who cares that you had a great sandwich today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I have to agree. I do not want to know what everyone is up to every minute of the day. I have other things to do.

    ReplyDelete