Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Business Casual? Always Prepared....

So a while back I had a problem with passing out in my bedroom, fully clothed in the clothes I had worn the night out, with all of the lights on. I'm not sure what caused this chronic condition- I was probably overworking myself (not going to extended happy hours....) I recently was reminded of this old habit of mine the other weekend when I woke up at 6am to find myself in my going out clothes with my face peeled onto an open book. Yes, apparently I was trying to read a book at 2am while slightly intoxicated....most normal people drunk text or call people...I was reading....it was even a nonfiction book.... I am very educated!

I remember one of my favorite times that I realized I had fallen asleep. This time I discovered I had passed out when the fire alarms started blaring in my apartment. My first reaction was that I must have done something really bad when I was drunk! Then I realized the fire wasn't in my apartment. On my way out of the apartment I realized three things: 1) I was still in business clothing from the day before 2) I was totally parched and 3) I really wanted to hurl. Nonetheless my survival instincts kicked in and I grabbed my purse and headed out the door. Err....turns out I was the only one who had a good time the night before because I was the only one still fully dressed with makeup and all! I mean it was a Thursday night, these people just don't have fun. I also realized that a lot of the residents in my building don't actually sleep at their home.....

Well, I was feeling so sick that I knew I had to distract myself. I also think I was still a little drunk. So, I plopped myself down next to some girl and just started chit chatting (mainly talking to myself) to keep myself distracted from the fact that I was really having a bad reaction from my indulgences of the night. Everything turned out okay in the end- there was no fire in the building, I looked GREAT while sitting out there compared to the other losers in their pajamas, and I was able to take off my makeup and change into pjs and get a proper night's sleep....or what was left of it.

1 comment:

  1. I do remember many a night finding you in your room (in business casual of course) with every light on in the apartment. I miss those days! So excited to see you this weekend:)

    ReplyDelete